To rule The sports bike market, Yamaha Corporation USA launches all new 2014 FZ-09 Super sports bike to replace the existing FZ-08. It will go on sale in USA from September 2013 priced at $7,990. It will lock horn with Triumph Street Triple 675.
- Liquid Graphite
- Rapid Red
- Introducing an all-new 847cc liquid-cooled, in-line 3-cylinder, DOHC, 12-valve engine with fuel injection. This engine combines advanced high tech components including YCC-T® and Yamaha D-Mode, with a crossplane concept crankshaft to deliver an exciting, torquey and quick-revving engine character.
- This 3-cylinder engine features Yamaha’s “Crossplane Crankshaft Concept” that provides linear torque development in response to the rider’s throttle input. Among the advantages of the in-line 3-cylinder engine are: (1) linear torque development, (2) even firing intervals that provide smooth torque characteristics and a good feeling of power in the low to mid rpm range, (3) a light, slim and compact design, and (4) performance that combines the characteristics of both 2-cylinder and 4-cylinder engines.
- To reduce vibration and deliver a smoother ride, the engine has a primary coupled-force balancer that revolves in the opposite direction and at the same speed as the crankshaft.
- A new 6-speed transmission has also been adopted to match the new engine. The transmission has optimized gear ratios that help to deliver engine torque efficiently. The result is a transmission that helps bring out more of the low- to mid-speed torque and excellent response characteristics.
- The ride-by-wire Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) system senses the slightest throttle input by the rider, relays the data to the ECU, which instantaneously calculates the ideal throttle valve opening based on engine rpm and throttle opening, and then sends commands to a servo-motor actuator that moves the throttle valve which actively controls the intake airflow volume. This is a technology contributing to the rider’s feeling of torque and controllability from the new 3-cylinder engine.
- Electronic fuel injection has been adopted to provide outstanding drivability. 12-hole injectors attached directly to the cylinder head deliver a highly pressurized spray of atomized fuel with droplets as small as a few microns. This enables high-precision injection directed at the valve skirts that contributes to optimum fuel combustion resulting in outstanding drivability and performance.
- The FZ-09 is equipped with Yamaha D-MODE (or “Drive Mode”) variable throttle control system to allow the rider to choose the optimum engine character for their riding situation. The rider can choose at will from three throttle valve control maps (Standard Mode, “A” Mode, and “B” Mode) for different performance characteristics. Operation is performed by a button on the handlebars. STD Mode is set to accommodate a wide range of riding conditions. In this mode the rider can enjoy the 3-cylinder engine’s linear torque feeling from low speeds all the way up to high speeds. A Mode lets the rider enjoy sharper throttle response in the low-to mid-rpm range than the STD Mode. B Mode lets the rider enjoy milder throttle response than the STD Mode for more relaxed power characteristics.
- The aluminum, tapered-type handlebars – a first for a Yamaha sportbike – provide a good balance of strength and light weight.
- The fuel tank, with its deeply recessed knee grip area, contributes to a narrow seat/tank juncture.
- Newly designed, compact, hexagonal-type rearview mirrors match the “mass forward” design of the rest of the bike.
- A newly designed lightweight, compact, full LCD instrument panel is adopted. The tachometer has a digital bar-type display with gear position indicator. The electric starter button is a new slide-type that incorporates the engine cut-off switch is an integrated button for a modern and high quality appearance.
- The brake pedal, shift pedal, and footrests are made of forged aluminum for light weight and excellent appearance.
- The LED taillight has separate left and right lamps that illuminate when the taillight is on and across the entire lens when the brake light is on.
|Engine Type||847cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 12 valves|
|Bore & Stroke||78.0 x 59.1mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||6-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Final Drive||O-ring chain|
|Suspension / Front||41mm fork; adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.4-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping; 5.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||267mm disc|
|Tires / Front||120/70-ZR17|
|Tires / Rear||180/55-ZR17|
|Seat Height||32.1 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.3 in|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||25.0°|
|Fuel Capacity||3.7 gal|
|Wet Weight***||414 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
At last I would like to say that new 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Super sports will rule the sports bike market with style, speed and performance. What you think? Please be open to give your view.
For More, Please Visit:-http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/