To rule the hearts of sports bike lovers, Yamaha Motorcycle launches the best sports bike with innovative MotoGp technology, the all new 2013 YZF-R1 which is on sale in U.S market from September 2012 priced between $14,290 to $14,490.
AVAILABLE COLORS AND PRICING:-
- Team Yamaha Blue/White $14,490
- Matte Gray $14,290
- Rapid Red/Raven $14,290
The all new 2013 Yamaha YZF-R1 super sports is powered by 998cc, liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC 16 valves (titanium intake valves) engine mated with a 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch transmission fitted with a 4.8 gal fuel tank promising 33 mpg fuel economy weighting 454 lb.
- The YZF-R1 benefits from MotoGP® technology – a seven-level Traction Control System. The system has been developed so the rider does not feel any unnatural or harsh intervention from the system. In addition, traction control can aid in reducing tire wear due to less wheel spin. Coupled with the three level D-Mode electronic throttle response control, riders have 21 different choices available to tailor the YZF-R1 to their riding preference.
- This R1 keeps all the technological superiorities developed for its predecessor: YCC-T™ (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle) is MotoGP® inspired fly-by-wire technology used to deliver instant throttle response. YCC-I® is Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake which is a variable intake system that broadens the spread of power. The fuel injection system provides optimum air/fuel mixtures for maximum power and smooth throttle response.
- In keeping with this machine’s exceptional cornering ability and crisp handling, the aluminum frame has been designed to offer exceptional rigidity balance. The rear frame is lightweight Controlled-Fill die-cast magnesium, contributing the optimum mass centralization. Suspension includes YHSJ (Yamaha Hydraulic Systems Japan) front forks which use one of the tricks developed for our winning MotoGP® bikes: independent damping. The left fork handles compression damping and the right side handles the rebound damping. And the rear shock adopts bottom linkage for optimum suspension characteristics.
- The sound on the YZF-R1 is unlike any other inline-four cylinder production supersport. The precise and throaty pulse of the exhaust note will have riders enthused every time the throttle is opened.
- Crossplane crankshaft technology proven in victory after victory on MotoGP® machines provides a high-tech uneven firing interval. Unlike typical inline-four engine design, where the two outer and two inner pistons move together in pairs with 180°intervals, the crossplane crankshaft has each connecting rod 90° with a unique firing order of 270° –180° – 90° – 180°. This overcomes the inherent fluctuations in inertial torque during each engine revolution, and the accompanying peaky torque characteristics. Instead, combustion torque continues to build, giving the rider more linear throttle response with awesome power and traction out of the corners.
- Seven-level Traction Control System allows the rider to get more traction and drive while exiting corners.
- To maximize rider comfort as well as power output, the engine adopts a coupling-type balancer that rotates in the opposite direction as the crankshaft.
- This engine features forged aluminum pistons to take maximum advantage of the power characteristics. Titanium intake valves are lightweight.
- A forced-air intake system is adopted to increase intake efficiency by using the natural airflow during riding to pressurize the air in the air box. This contributes to outstanding power delivery characteristics in the high-speed range, while the design also helps to minimize intake noise.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
- The exhaust system is meticulously designed to enhance engine output while, thanks to its three-way catalyst technology, also reducing exhaust emissions. The silencer is a single expansion type, and the sound coming through from the unique crossplane-crankshaft-equipped engine is unlike any other inline-four cylinder production supersport.
- This fuel-injected engine takes full advantage of YCC-T (Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle), the MotoGP®-inspired fly-by-wire technology used to deliver instant throttle response. There’s also YCC-I, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, the variable intake system that broadens the spread of power.
- Have it your way, thanks to Yamaha D-MODE (or “Drive Mode”) variable throttle control. There are three modes that control how YCC-T responds to throttle input from the rider. The selectable “A” mode puts more emphasis on engine response in low to midrange rpm. “B” mode, on the other hand, provides less sharp response to input for riding situations that require especially sensitive throttle operation. The standard map is designed for optimum overall performance. Selecting the map you want is as easy as pressing a button on the handlebars.
- The frame has a combination of uncompromising rigidity where needed along with carefully achieved flex for the precise rigidity balance this bike needs to give the rider the full benefit of its handling and engine characteristics. It is a sophisticated combination of Controlled-Fill die-cast, stamping, and gravity casting… the exact technology needed for each portion of this advanced frame.
- Front forks take a page from the championship-winning design of our MotoGP® weapon, the M1. Since both forks always move together, compression damping duties can be confined to the left fork, while rebound damping is precisely handled by the right fork, reducing oil cavitation.
- The rear shock features both high and low speed compression damping plus an easy-to-use screw hydraulic adjustment for preload. This unit also adopts a pillow-ball-type joint for exceptional shock absorption, road hold feeling, and damper response. To achieve maximum performance, a bottom linkage is used to work with the rest of the chassis refinements for brilliant, crisp handling characteristics.
- Factory racers get machines tailored to their preferences. Welcome to the club. R1 has adjustable footrests, with a 15mm height and 3mm front-to-rear adjustment.
- Top triple clamps add to the appearance of the YZF-R1, reminiscent of those on the MotoGP® powerhouse YZR-M1.
- LED position lights enhance the YZF-R1’s unique styling.
- The instrumentation includes everything a rider wants to know, including gear position.
|Type||998cc, liquid-cooled 4-stroke DOHC 16 valves (titanium intake valves)|
|Bore x Stroke||78.0mm X 52.2mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch|
|Final Drive||#530 O-ring chain|
|Suspension / Front||43mm inverted fork; fully adjustable, 4.7-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock w/piggyback reservoir; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual 310mm disc; radial-mount forged 6-piston calipers|
|Brakes / Rear||220mm disc; single-piston caliper|
|Tires / Front||120/70ZR17M/C 58W|
|Tires / Rear||190/55ZR17M/C 75W|
|Seat Height||32.9 in|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||24.0°|
|Fuel Capacity||4.8 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||33 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||454 lb|
|Primary Reduction Ratio||65/43 (1.512)|
|Secondary Reduction Ratio||47/17 (2.765)|
|Gear Ratio – 1st Gear||38/15 (2.533)|
|Gear Ratio – 2nd Gear||33/16 (2.063)|
|Gear Ratio – 3rd Gear||37/21 (1.762)|
|Gear Ratio – 4th Gear||35/23 (1.522)|
|Gear Ratio – 5th Gear||30/22 (1.364)|
|Gear Ratio – 6th Gear||33/26 (1.269)|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
At last I would like to say that new 2013 Yamaha YZF-R1 is the best sports bike ever introduced in world market. What you think? Please be open to give your view.
For More, Please Visit:-http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/