To give you power, style and speed with world class performance, Honda Motors has crafted The next generation Touring bikes, I am talking about all new 2014 Honda CTX700/ CTX700D which will be come in Cool Candy Red or Pearl White, but the DCT and ABS version will only be available in Cool Candy Red. The DCT version is priced at $8,799 while the standard-transmission model will be available for $7,799 from spring 2013.
2014 Honda CTX700 is powered by a 670cc parallel-Twin engine mated with an easy-to-use automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) or a standard six-speed manual; the DCT allows riders to instantly choose between a fully automatic mode or the option of more active gear selection via “paddle-shift” type buttons on the handlebar. Better yet, the CTX700D also comes equipped with an Antilock Braking System (ABS).
MODELS, COLORS AND PRICING:-
- CTX700 Price $7,799(Candy Red or Pearl White)
- CTX700D Price $8,799(Cool Candy Red)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:-
- Upper fairing and windscreen divert wind around the rider, adding to comfort and reducing fatigue.
- Sophisticated liquid-cooled SOHC eight-valve 670cc parallel-twin engine pumps out abundant torque in the low-end and midrange for easily accessible power.
- An impressively broad torque curve gives the CTX700 a remarkably linear and smooth power delivery.
- A relatively long engine stroke (80.0mm combined with a 73.0mm bore) and a high-inertia crankshaft are design elements that add to the CTX700’s extremely tractable power characteristics.
- The 62-degree forward lean given to the cylinder assembly facilitates near-vertical mounting of the single 36mm throttle body for superior intake port positioning and shaping. In addition, special shaping to the combustion chambers further enhance engine combustion efficiency for clean burning and optimal power production.
- An engine balancer shaft quells vibration for smooth, comfortable operation, and rubber-mounted footrests also add to rider comfort.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors numerous variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
Two Model Options:
- CTX700D with DCT/ABS features a second-generation automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission that uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes—S for sport riding and D for everyday use.
- DCT model also features an Antilock Braking System (ABS) to provide full antilock functionality for powerful and secure braking action.
- CTX700 features a manual six-speed transmission.
- Low-seat height, along with the new Honda parallel-twin engine design, creates a very low center of gravity, making the CTX700 feel remarkably nimble and fun to ride.
- Fuel capacity of 3.17 gallons plus excellent fuel economy gives the CTX700 a long cruising range.
- A rigid and compact diamond-shape steel frame, low center of gravity and plush suspension help make the CTX700 responsive, agile and enjoyable over the long haul.
- Stout 41mm front fork provides 4.2 inches of travel, while the Pro-Link® rear suspension system delivers 4.3 inches of wheel travel.
- A remarkably low seat height of 28.3 inches helps instill rider confidence.
- Open, roomy ergonomics position the rider in a well-balanced seating position for all-day comfort.
- A large array of available accessories allows owners to add just the right combination of capabilities to suit individual preferences and expand their adventures.(Press Release)
|Model:||2014 CTX700/CTX700D with DCT and ABS|
|Engine Type:||670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin|
|Bore and Stroke:||73.0mm x 80.0mm|
|Valve Train:||SOHC; four valves per cylinder|
|Induction:||PGM-FI with 36mm throttle body|
|Ignition:||Digital transistorized with electronic advance|
|Transmission:||Six-speed (CTX700) / Automatic six-speed with two modes and a manual mode (CTX700D)|
|Front:||41mm fork; 4.2 inches travel|
|Rear:||Pro-Link single shock; 4.3 inches travel|
|Front:||Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper (CTX700) / Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper; ABS (CTX700D)|
|Rear:||Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper (CTX700) / Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper; ABS (CTX700D)|
|Rake (Caster angle):||27.7°|
|Trail:||114.0mm (4.4 inches)|
|Seat Height:||28.3 inches|
|Fuel Capacity:||3.17 gallons|
|Estimated Fuel Economy**:||TBD MPG|
|Colors:||Cool Candy Red, Pearl White (CTX700) / Cool Candy Red (CTX700D)|
|Curb Weight*:||TBD pounds (CTX700) / TBD pounds (CTX700D)|
At last I would like to say that new 2014 CTX700/CTX700D with DCT and ABS will be the next choice people. What you think? Please be open to give your view.
For More, Please Stay Tuned To:-http://www.hondanews.com/