Combining power, style and comfort with safety BMW Motors has crafted the best on/off road performance and unveiled to the public at the 2012 Motorrad Days festival in Garmish-Partenkirchen on 8th July named them 2013 F 700 GS and F 800 GS which slated to be launched by Sept. 2012, how ever no words of pricing.
2013 F 700 GS and F 800 GS powered by a dynamic, high-torque water-cooled 2-cylinder in-line engine with 798 cc capacity, fuel injection and closed-loop catalytic converter mated with a The same six-speed gearbox The output has been raised by 4 hp to 55 kW (75 hp) at 7,300 rpm (F 650 GS: 52 kW [71 hp] at 7,000 rpm), and the maximum torque has been increased to 77 Nm at 5,500 rpm (F 650 GS: 75 Nm at 4,500 rpm).
The F 700 GS comes in Ostra grey metallic , Red apple metallic and Glacier silver metallic colors while The new F 800 GS comes in Kalamata metallic matt, Cordoba blue and Alpine white 3 colors.
The main differentiating technical features at a glance:
BMW F 800 GS BMW F 700 GS
63 kW/85 hp 55 kW/75 hp
USD telescopic fork Conventional telescopic fork
Progressive damping spring strut Gas pressure spring strut
Spoke wheels Cast wheels
21-inch front wheel 19-inch front wheel
Aluminum handlebar Steel handlebar
880/850 mm seat height 820/790 mm seat height
Weight, road ready, 214 kg Weight, road ready, 209 kg
KEY FEATURES the BMW F 700 GS & F 800 GS:
- The latest generation of BMW Motorrad two-channel ABS as standard.
- Double disc brake system at front – now also for F 700 GS.
- Automatic Stability Control ASC (factory fit option).
- Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA (factory fit option). ESA on the F-series models features electronically adjustable rebound.
- Rear spring mount can be adjusted via optimised handwheel.
- Newly designed body features in a more dynamic, masculine look.
- New handlebar switch units and brake fluid containers, front.
- Cockpit with new dial faces for speedometer and engine speed display and an extended range of information.
- Smoke grey turn indicators and smoke grey LED rear light glass covering.
- Power reduction to 35 kW (48 bhp) (factory fit option).
- Engine map adjustment for regular fuel (RON 91) (factory fit option).
- Comfort seat (factory fit option).
- Case carrier for Vario case (factory fit option).
- New centre stand (factory fit option).
- Enduro footrests, wide (special accessory).
- New: Automatic Stability Control ASC.
- New: LED additional headlamp (F 800 GS only).
- Antitheft alarm system.
- Tire pressure control TPM (F 700 GS only).
- Hand protector bar.
- Hand protector (small and large) for hand protector bar.
- Attachment spoiler for hand protector, large.
- Engine guard, plastic (F 700 GS only).
- Enduro aluminum engine guard.
- Crash bars.
- LED turn indicators (accessory).
- Headlamp guard (for off-road use only).
- Splash guard extension, rear.
- Akrapovič sports exhaust silencer.
Ergonomics and comfort.
- New: Windshield small, tinted (F 700 GS only).
- Windshield large, clear (F 700 GS only).
- Windshield large, tinted.
- Touring windshield (F 800 GS only).
- Wind deflection set (F 800 GS only).
- New: Enduro footrests, wide.
- Heated grips.
- Rallye seat.
- Comfort seat.
- Low seat.
- High seat (for F 700 GS only).
- Optimized center stand.
Navigation and communication.
- BMW Motorrad Navigator IV.
- Holder for BMW Motorrad Navigator IV.
- Function pouch for BMW Motorrad Navigator IV.
Maintenance and technology.
- On-board toolkit.
- Repair kit for tubeless tires.
- Automatic chain lubrication system.
- LED lamp for charging socket.
- Battery charger.
At last I would like to say that new 2013 F 700 GS and F 800 GS coming to bring revolution in the word of technology. What you think? Please be open t o give your view.
For More Details, Please Stay Tuned…https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/