Combining dynamic performance and comfort with safety BMW Motored has crafted a high-class touring bike, new 2012 K 1600 GTL which designed for long trips and leave nothing to be desired for either rider or pillion passenger in terms of comfort. It’s on sale in a base MSRP $23,200 (incl. ABS). It will take on Honda’s ST1300, Kawasaki’s Concours 14, and Yamaha’s FJR1300 in world market.
2012 K 1600 GTL Turing is powered by 1,649cc, a Oil-/water cooled 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder engine churns out 160.5 horsepower with peak torque of 129 lb-ft, and 70 percent of maximum torque is available as low as 1,500 rpm. It can rocket from 0-62 mph acceleration is claimed to take less than 3.5 seconds, and top speed is pegged at 125 mph. It also offers you Emission Control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3.
Other features like a cruise control, xenon headlamps, heated handgrips and seats, and ABS including GPS, tire-pressure monitoring, and central locking with a remote control plus an alarm.
- Royal blue metallic
- Mineral silver metallic
- Categories Touring
- Fuel Capacity: 7 gallons, Reserve 1 gallons
- Engine DOHC inline 6
- Transmission: 6-speed, hydraulically actuated wet clutch
- Engine Type: Oil-/water cooled 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 72.0 x 67.5mm
- Displacement: 1,649cc
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Wheelbase: 66.1 in.
- Mileage 51 mpg, at a constant 55 mph.
- Top-speed Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- ABS Series: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
- Emission Control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Wheel Cast aluminum
- Weight: 767 lbs (348 kg)
- MSRP $23,200 (incl. ABS)