Combining technology, style and luxury with performance Toyota Motor Corporation launched new 2012 Toyota Aqua Hybrid the smallest and most fuel efficient hybrid car in Japan priced between 1,690,000 yen ($21,7905) to 1,790,000 yen ($22,989) to 1,850,000 yen ($23,760) . Toyota expecting to sell 12,000 units per month in Japan.
New 2012 Toyota Aqua is powered by 1.5-liter Atkinson cycle four-cylinder engine uses a cooled Exhaust-Gas Recirculation (EGR) cable of producing maximum power of 54kw(74 PS)/4,800 rpm and Maximum Torque 111 N-m(11.3 kgf.m)/3,600-4,400 rpm and along an electric motor producing 61 horsepower and 169 Nm of torque.
The Aqua offers you best fuel economy of 35.4 km/L (83.3 mpg U.S., 2.8 l/100km) and 40.0 km/l (94 mpg U.S., 2.5 l/100km). It also offers you 10.8 cubic feet cargo space and dimensions of 3,995mm long, 1,695mm wide and 1,445mm tall.
Toyota says that new Aqua can give you “fun and easy to drive” because it comes with Rotating Passenger Seat, an electric loading/unloading mechanism for manual wheelchairs and designed-in wheelchair stowage capability and many more Let’s check out them….
- Models 1NZ-FXE
- Displacement 1,496CC
- Maximum output 54kw(74 PS)/4,800 rpm
- Maximum Torque 111 N-m(11.3 kgf.m)/3,600-4,400 rpm
- Maximum output 45 kw(61PS)
- Maximum Torque 169 N-m(17.2 kgf-m)
ENGINE & MOTOR
- Combined maximum output 73kw (100PS)
- Nickel-metal Hybrid
- Hybrid Synergy Drive system
- Exhaust-Gas Recirculation (EGR) system system
- SiriusXM satellite radio
- Backup camera display
- USB port for iPod connectivity
- Hands-free phone capability
- Audio controls in the steering wheel
- Multimedia system, phone book access
- voice recognition, text-speech and more.
- Smartphone’s to connect navigation
- LED headlights
- Entertainment and real time weather
- Traffic and fuel information
- Earth Brown
- Fresh Green
- Cool Blue
- Natural Gray
Note:-The 2012 Aqua Hybrid will hit US market by mid-2012 with a new name Prius C.
At last I would like to say that new 2012 Toyota Aqua is the innovative creation of modern age and the initiative of “Green Revolution” because Toyota is planning to introduce 10 models of these kind of gasoline cars by 2015. What you think? Please be open to give your view.