If you love power, speed and styling while riding a bike than 2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 is the cool choice for you because it’s powered by a liquid-cooled 999cc Inline-Four engine it expected to go on sell in U.S. from spring 2012 in a price tag of $13,999.
New 2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 is $200 costly and pistons are 11 percent lighter, engine is 2.5 grams lighter and over all wight is 4.5 pounds lighter than 2011 model. This is not the end this Suzuki special is hidden the treasure of special features to please and satisfy you. Let’s check out them…
2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 New Features:-
- Thanks to Suzuki ‘s uncompromising efforts to shave excess weight, the 2012 GSX-R1000 is 2kg lighter than its predecessor.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system, carrying a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range. And less weight at the back of the bike means better mass-centralization, turns into better handling performance.
- Lighter, more durable forged pistons designed with the same Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used for MotoGP racing engines, and consequently the pistons are 11% lighter.
- New pentagonal shaped ventilation holes (instead of rectangular shape in previous model) in the sides of each cylinder bore reduce pumping losses due to internal crankcase air-pressure resistance to downward piston movement.
- Optimized camshaft profiles for great racing potential, developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology.
- Optimally shaped combustion chambers and an increased compression ratio of 12.9:1 (up from 12.8:1) promote low-range and mid-range performance and help to realize a broad torque curve.
- Thinner material for the tappet skirts means a weight saving of 2.5 grams per tappet. The reduced inertial mass gave Suzuki the freedom to optimize the valve lift curve.
- An engine control module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has optimized settings to suit the single muffler, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- The front disk brakes are equipped with the top-of-the-line radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers and lighter Sunstar Engineering front discs.
- Big Piston Frontforks (BPF) with an endurance-race-proven design deliver superb feedback and responsive, stable operation, and are lightweight. For 2012 model, suspension settings are refined for the bike’s lower weight and the shift in centre of gravity.
- The lightweight and high-grip front and rear tyres reduce unsprung weight for sharp handling.
- Attention to rider comfort includes a carefully shaped seat with new high-grip leather for better holding feel.
- The wheels have red pin stripes punctuated by “R” logos that highlight the bike’s identity.
- The bike ‘s identity is emphasized by bigger “GSX-R” graphics and more extensive use of Suzuki ‘s signature blue colour on the bodywork.
2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Key Features:-
- 999cm3 4-cylinder powerplant, with Bore x stroke of 74.5mm x 57.3mm brings enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range and high potential for racetrack performance.
- The compact engine enabled short wheelbase and 32mm long swingarm at the same time to improve racetrack performance.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase, reduce friction and improving heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- 12-hole fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for more complete combustion, reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of three performance settings to suit riding conditions and personal tastes. The switch is located on the left handlebar control module.
- Iridium spark plugs produce a strong spark for efficient combustion.
- Large, efficient radiator with a trapezoidal shape developed on factory team racebikes and a trapezoidal engine oil cooler both help reduce drag.
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- A lightweight and compact twin-spar frame made of five cast sections, mated with an arched swingarm made of three castings and one-piece die-cast rear subframe.
- The rear brake system with single-piston caliper contributes to a reduction of unsprung weight.
- Rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and both high-speed and low-speed compression damping.
- Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever, and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
- The edgy and clean GSX-R1000 styling incorporates fairing and bodywork details aimed at reducing turbulence and drag.
- Distinctive multi-reflector headlight with vertically stacked high and low-beam halogen bulbs centered between position lights on each side.
- For Europe, the position lights each have layered lenses with blue coloring on the inside lens for an even sportier look.
- Front and rear turn signals feature clear lenses over amber bulbs.
- Instruments include a silver-ringed analog tachometer with LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meters, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure warning indicator, gear position indicator, lap timer/stopwatch, S-DMS setting indicator and bar-graph indicating the instrument lighting level, or brightness.
- Optional single seat cowl can replace the tandem seat for an even more aggressive image and solo rides or track days.
2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Specifications:-
- Engine type 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, iquid-cooled, DOHC
- Bore x stroke 74.5 mm x 57.3 mm (2.9 in x 2.3 in)
- Displacement 999 cm3 (61.0 cu. in)
- Compression ratio 12.9 : 1
- Fuel system Fuel injection
- Starter system Electric Lubrication system Wet sump
- Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
- Primary reduction ratio 1.617 (76 / 47)
- Final reduction ratio 2.470 (42 / 17)
- Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped– Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rake / trail 23.5 degrees / 98 mm (3.9 in)
- Brakes Front Disc, twin —-Rear Disc
- Tires Front 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear 190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless
- Ignition system Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Fuel tank 17.5 L (4.6/3.8 US/Imp gal)
- Oil capacity (overhaul) 3.6 L (3.8/3.2 US/Imp qt)
- Overall length 2045 mm (80.5 in)
- Overall width 705 mm (27.8 in)
- Overall height 1130 mm (44.5 in)
- Wheelbase 1405 mm (55.3 in)
- Ground clearance 130 mm (5.1 in)
- Seat height 810 mm (31.9 in)
- Curb mass 203 kg (448 lb)
At last I would like to say that new 2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 is the faster, lighter and stylish sport bike which coming to change your life. Waht you think? Please be open to give your view.
For More Details Please Visit:-http://www.globalsuzuki.com/