I think you must have seen the beauty of BMW cars but do you ever came across the most beautiful and stylish BMW bikes, if not that hold your heart and follow me. BMW Motorrad USA has launched its long-awaited the BMW K 1600 GT and GTL in a Base Price GTL $23,200/ GT $20,900. These bikes sporting the first six-cylinder motorcycle engine in nearly 30 years.
Both bikes named like a twines but they are different because BMW K 1600 GT is designed for long ride while GT is for sport-touring. GT and GTL beautiful crafted by BMW to give you power, style, speed, safety and comfort with unbeatable performance.
All-new inline DOHC powered by 1649cc six-cylinder engine, it also offers you 160.5 horsepower with peak torque of 129 lb-ft, and 70 percent of maximum torque is available as low as 1,500 rpm. Zero-to-62 mph acceleration is claimed to take less than 3.5 seconds, and top speed is pegged at 124 mph.
Other features like a cruise control, xenon headlamps, heated handgrips and seats, and ABS including GPS, tire-pressure monitoring, and central locking with a remote control plus an alarm. New BMW GTL and GT the biggest competitor of Honda’s ST1300, Kawasaki’s Concours 14, and Yamaha’s FJR1300.
K1600 GTL & GT Specifications:-
- Categories Touring/ Sport Touring
- Fuel Capacity: 6.3 gals. (7.0 gals.)
- Engine DOHC inline 6
- Transmission: 6-speed, hydraulically actuated wet clutch
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, transverse, in-line six, DOHC, 4 valves per cyl.
- Bore x Stroke: 72.0 x 67.5mm
- Displacement: 1,649cc
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Wheelbase: 66.1 in.
- Rake/Trail: 27.8 degrees/4.3 in.
- Weight: 703 lbs. (767 lbs.)
- Base Price GTL $23,200/ GT $20,900
- Price as Tested: $24,540 ($25,845); Premium package (see below)
At last I would like to say that new 2012 K 1600 GT and GTL is the best bike ever invented because both bikes are best from pricing to features. What you think? Please be open to give your view.